a little about our area. things to do.
No NJ shore vacation is complete without a visit to Seaside Heights beach and boardwalk, Point Pleasant beach and boardwalk, and Hotel Charlee - Boulevard 1402 is the best choice for Seaside Heights beach lodging and Point Pleasant beach lodging.
while you're in town, enjoy these places.
Recommended Entertainment & Attractions
Seaside Heights Boardwalk 0.1mi/0.2km E
Casino Pier (indoor arcade & rides) 0.4mi/0.6km SE
Luck Leo's Arcade (indoor all year) 0.4mi/0.6km SE
Breakwater Beach 0.5mi/0.8km S
Jet Ski & Boat Rentals 0.8mi/1.0km W
Ocean County Mall by Simon 7.4mi/11.9km
Island Beach State Park 8.6mi/13.8km S
Eagle Ridge Golf Resort 15.6mi/25.1km W
Jersey Shore Premium Outlets 28.0mi/45.1km W
Six Flags Great Adventure 29.0mi/46.7km W
Seaside Heights Beach & Boardwalk
- Seaside Heights is one of the cleanest and most popular beach resort areas among New Jersey beaches along the Jersey Shore. Located between New York City and Atlantic City, Seaside Heights is found on the barrier islands, at the heart of the Jersey Shore, and contains some of the best beach space that can be found in the Garden State. When you are in Seaside Heights, theres something for you to enjoy, no matter what your age is. The Seaside Heights beach and boardwalk invites visitors of all ages to enjoy Breakwater Beach Waterpark' water rides, Casino Pier's rides and entertainment, and declious foods as well as great nightlife hotspots (Hemingway's, JRs, Jimbo's, Jax, Bamboo, Karma) along every board of the Seaside Heights Boardwalk.
- For families, Seaside Heights is an ideal location for a nice, relaxing beach vacation. If yours is a New York or Northern NJ area family, a short time on the Parkway leads to visiting Seaside Heights for a wonderful summer getaway. There is plenty of fun in the sun to be had here, especially at the Seaside Heights Beach and Boardwalk. The Casino Pier, Lucky Leo's, fun arcades, wheels of chance, food, plenty of rides and gift shops provide a place for your family to make great summer memories together.
- All these great Seaside Heights activities are just blocks, within walking distance, from the Hotel Charlee - Boulevard 1402 hotel. So just book, park, and start enjoying for your entire stay!
Lakewood Blueclaws Baseball and First Energy Park
- Looking for a hotel near Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball at FirstEnergy Park? The Hotel Charlee - Boulevard 1402 is only about 30 minutes away!
- Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball is some of the best family fun at the Jersey Shore. Located in Lakewood NJ, FirstEnergy Park is the home of the BlueClaws and one of New Jersey's most popular day trip destinations. Join Buster and the gang for a jam-packed season of minor league baseball with plenty of crowd-pleasing surprises and free food for the kids!
- The Lakewood BlueClaws are the single A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team and a fan favorite for minor league baseball entertainment. FirstEnergy Park also accommodates groups, parties, fundraisers, corporate events, and business meetings in the conference center or outdoor catered picnic areas.
Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
- Among the few hotels near Jersey Shore Premium Outlets, Hotel Charlee - Boulevard 1402 is located just about 25 minutes from the outlets. The Jersey Shore Premium Outlets are a haven for shopaholics, featuring 120 of the best brand name stores on the planet conveniently located in one large shopping pavilion. Famed for its vast selection of brand names the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets offers shoppers unparalleled savings. Stores include Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Cole Haan, Elie Tahari, J.Crew, Juicy Couture, Kate Spade, Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors, Nike, Sony, Theory, Tommy Hilfiger, Ugg, and so much more.
- VIP Shoppers get exclusive deals . Click here to see the many reasons to become a VIP shopper at Jersey Shore Premium Outlets or any of the Chelsea Premium Outlets
Fort Dix & Joint Base McGuire
- Looking for a military rate hotel near Fort Dix in Wrightstown, New Jersey? Well Done! You've found a great one: the Hotel Charlee - Boulevard 1402 - only about 40 minutes from Fort Dix and just two blocks from beautiful Seaside Heights beaches and boardwalks. Please contact our General Manager for special military, group, and extended stay rates.
- Fort Dix is named for Major General John Adams Dix, a veteran of the War of 1812 and the Civil War. During his distinguished public career, he was a United States Senator, Secretary of the Treasury, Minister to France and Governor of New York. Construction began in June 1917, and on July 18 the War Department named the cantonment Camp Dix. During World War I, Camp Dix was a training and staging ground for the 78th, 87th and 34th Divisions. Camp Dix grew quickly and became the largest military reservation in the Northeast. Following the armistice, the camp became a demobilization center.
- During the period between the wars, Camp Dix was a training facility for active Army, Army Reserve and National Guard units. The Citizens™ Military Training Camp conducted summer training under the 1st, 77th, 78th and 99th Infantry Divisions. From 1933-1941, Camp Dix was also a reception, training and discharge center for the Civilian Conservation Corps. On 8 March 1939, Camp Dix became Fort Dix as the installation became a permanent Army post. Fort Dix served as a reception and training center for men inducted under the draft of 1939. Ten divisions and many smaller units trained and staged here before entering the battlefields of World War II. At the end of the war, the reception center became the separation center, returning more than 1.2 million Soldiers to civilian life.
- Enjoy great downtime at the Jersey Shore, near Fort Dix, in our comfortable Hotel Charlee - Boulevard 1402.
Point Pleasant Boardwalk & Beach
- Looking for a hotel near Point Pleasant beach, boardwalk and amusement park? Look no further than the Hotel Charlee - Boulevard 1402 - only about 20 minutes away! Point Pleasant - home to Jenkinson's boardwalk and aquarium - offers another section of the cleanest beaches in NJ. There are several bars and eateries along the beach. Point Pleasant has both public and private beaches. There is a small fee to get on the beach and lifeguards are present form 9-5 each day.
- The Point Pleasant Boardwalk is really fun on the weekends with visitors from all over. Weekdays are typically less crowded, but always fun. Most of the action is along the southern stretch of the boardwalk where you will find you will find fun arcades, wheels of chance, food, plenty of rides and gift shops.
- Jenkinson's South Family Amusement Center is stunning at night; a must see for any extended shore visit. The dazzling lights burn through the night sky and the smell of the Ocean surf is in the air.
Book your visit and make the Jersey Shore Yours!